- The Scorpion TMA Model C folds up and over the bed of flat bed, stake bed, or dump trucks. The Model C with its compact design and balanced weight distribution makes it ideal for high-speed travel. The Scorpion TMA Model C provides TL-3 impact protection. Side mounts are also available.
- Weight: 1,975 lbs (900 kg)
- Lenght: Travel/Storage 2’5″ (.74 m)
- Lenght: Deployed 13’10” (4.21 m)
- Width: 8′ (2.45 m)
- Height: Travel/Storage 10’6″ (3.05 m)
- Height: Deployed 1′ (.3 m)
- Tests Passed: 3-50, 3-51, 3-52, 3-53
- Manufactured by TrafFix Devices
- The Scorpion® TMA consists of strut and cartridge sections that are linked together on a support frame. The curved side rails are made from corrosion resistant aluminum tubes, which offer full width impact protection along the entire length of the unit. The side rails were designed to re-direct errant vehicles away from the rear of the truck (coffin corner).
- The aluminum boxes are filled with a moisture proof, aluminum honeycomb material. The boxes, together with the curved side rails, absorb the energy from an impacting vehicle. The aluminum boxes are painted with a bright yellow powder-coated finish, for lasting durability.
- The TrafFix Devices’ Scorpion TMA has been tested and has PASSED ALL optional and mandatory requirements suggested in the NCHRP-350 Report fro TL-3. Addittionally, the Scorpion TMA has passed the UKTD49, 110 km/h (68 mph) test. The Scorpion TMA has successfully passed a “worse case” side angle re-directive impact test – this goes beyond all governmental testing requirements.
- Available With an Operator or As a Bare Rental